The default settings for a PDF conversion for a small Word file usually work OK.
But on Word file that are quite large, eg over5mb the conversion can get hung up on “Processing for Tag Information” You may think its finished, but a PDF file is not created, or even take hours to not produce a pdf at all.
To Prevent this:
- In Word where Acrobat 6.0 is installed, from the menu select Adobe PDF > Change Conversion Settings .
- In Settings tab:
- Set the PDFMaker setting to Standard.
- Clear the Enable accessibility and reflow with tagged PDF check box – YOU MUST DO THIS
- Under the Word tab, clear the check boxes you don’t need, such as Comments to Notes, Footnotes and Endnotes
- Under the Bookmarks tab, ensure the Convert Word Headings to Bookmarks box is ticked.
- Click OK.
- When you now Create a PDF it should work