Creating a Drop Down List in Excel 2007
Drop down list allows you to enter data into an Excel spreadsheet from a preset list of entries.
This can be done to make data entry easier or to limit the number of choices.
- Enter the data on sheet from which you wish to create your drop down list (different cell for each list item)
- Hightlight cells that you wish to use the dropdown menu (for a whole column simply highlight entire column)
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click on the Data Validation option from the ribbon to open the menu.
- Click on the Data Validation in the menu to bring up the dialog box.
- Click on Settings tab in the dialog box.
- From the Allow menu choose List.
- Click on the Source line in the dialog box.
- Highlight all the cells containing the data you typed in that you wish to form the drop down list from.
10. Click OK in the dialog box.
11. A down arrow should appear next to the cells required.
12. When you click on the arrow the drop down list should open to display your list.