To Create a different header or footer for part of a document
To do this you need to divide your document into sections (section: A portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options. You create a new section when you want to change such properties as line numbering, number of columns, or headers and footers.)
- If you haven’t done so already, insert a section break where you want to start a new section that contains a different header or footer
(section break: A mark you insert to show the end of a section. A section break stores the section formatting elements, such as the margins, page orientation, headers and footers, and sequence of page numbers.) .
2. Click where you want to insert a section break
3. Under Section break types, click the option that describes where you want the new section
4. Click where you want to insert a section break
5. On the Insert menu, click Break.
6. Under Section break types, click the option that describes where you want the new section to begin.
7.Click in the section for which you want to create a different header or footer
8. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
9. On the Header and Footer toolbar (press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click Link to Previous to break the connection between the header and footer in the current section and the previous section.
10. Microsoft Word no longer displays “Same as Previous” in the upper-right corner of the header or footer.
11. Change the existing header or footer, or create a new one for this section